Quinoa is extremely high in protein with all essential amino acids, high in fiber and has a low glycemic index which is great for blood sugar control. Try this healthy, nutrient-dense recipe and impress your friends.
Quinoa Carrot Cake 🥕🍰
2 cups Almond Flour
1 cup Quinoa Flour
2 ts Baking Powder
2 ts Cinnamon
1 ts Nutmeg
1 ts Ground Ginger
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Applesauce (unsweetened)
1/4 cup Vanilla Coconut Yogurt or Greek
1 cup Carrots (grated)
1/4 cup Almonds (chopped)
* Preheat oven to 175 C and use coconut oil or butter to grease a cake pan.
* In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients.
* In another large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
* Add the wet to the dry and fully combine.
* Add carrots and almonds.
* Transfer to the baking tin and bake for 45 minutes, (or until the centre comes out clean when poked).
* Allow to cool and enjoy!